Metamorphose

METAMORPHOSE

I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame the earth seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy the air, look you, this mighty o'rehanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire; why, it appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, how like an angel in apprehension, how like a God! The beauty of the world, paragon of animals; and yet to me, what is this quintessence of dusk. Man delights not me, no, nor women neither, nor women neither.

What's new?

This Monthly's Funny



Links


Archives


You may leave comments by clicking
on the stories below. Be nice :)

Banner


Listed on BlogShares
Locations of visitors to this page
Technorati Profile
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The last day in London
Three am is a wonderful opportunity to explore the avenues of insight and what lies beneath a veil of anxiety and belief that the knowledge you have collected, shared and influenced over a few years with people comes to a close and a possible new chapter emerges.

We have many avenues to pursue and make mistakes throughout our life and finally for a number of days, weeks, months and years I feel it is time for me to emerge out of my cocoon of self resin and ‘be strong’. The encounters I will face in this new chapter lie emerged in a layer of self doubt that I left behind.

I cried with a passion of leaving people behind in London on Sunday morning and throughout Sunday evening. The joy of crying was more of a relief that I fulfilled what I came here to achieve and succeed in. I found happiness with some of the greatest of friends I could call my own. I leave with a sense of sadness on many a subject but as the ‘Alice in Wonderland treadmill’ kept being turned on, I knew that my happiness would soon subside if I stayed longer than I expected. Pursuing the inevitable is a trait we all desire but sometimes acknowledge that love itself is around each corner and one ‘boof-head’ is always willing to accept you for who you are.

I sit looking at unpacked bags and a conformed weigh in of luggage which I feel guilty of leaving behind. Funny how the perception of luggage is thought another way near five years ago when I decided that it was time for me to move away from Australia.

Space will be the only option when I return to Australia. The claustrophobia of London will soon subside and ‘en-shala’ I will emerge that home is where the heart lies.

Personal tragedy aside. I feel that I am not the only one to share the loss of leaving a place they have grown fond of throughout the years for a given reason. Our lives are enriched with the experience we descend into with each day we get out of our beds, dress in our cotton and open the door to be enthralled in what the rest of the waking hours brings us (alas Monday’s are exempt from this).

The people who miss me, know eventually where to find me. The friends who miss me however, should not feel discouraged, because they are always heavy upon my heart, and I will always be with them.

To the banner I tell people and to the love I have shared with many. Remember, especially, when you have friend willing to pour you another drink or play you another song…..

London is a lonely place, but you will never feel alone.

LS at 5/15/2007 12:14:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Diary of the Gods - Jetblack