Metamorphose

METAMORPHOSE

I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame the earth seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy the air, look you, this mighty o'rehanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire; why, it appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, how like an angel in apprehension, how like a God! The beauty of the world, paragon of animals; and yet to me, what is this quintessence of dusk. Man delights not me, no, nor women neither, nor women neither.

What's new?

This Monthly's Funny



Links


Archives


You may leave comments by clicking
on the stories below. Be nice :)

Banner


Listed on BlogShares
Locations of visitors to this page
Technorati Profile
Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Personal update
Returning back from Egypt and Jordan has made the fine lines of stress and age disappear and has become replaced with a pink layer of sunshine and half a smile of the road ahead.

I have been organizing this Saturday’s farewell alongside Sam and Jaime’s and am looking forward to falling unconscious come 3am Sunday.

Being a little worried about a few things upon my departure by not saying all my goodbyes and if I have got everyone’s contact details, along with the fact of leaving Guilia (she’s been so positive with me, as we both know the final stretch is looming over us) here in London.

Also worried about my arrival back to Sydney, as I have dropped out of contact with most people there, but alas this is just something I will face when I get back. Just heard Little Al is returning to London in July (like ships passing in the darkness).

With the ‘How was Egypt?’ still echoing through my head from all my happy friends, I still try to think how it was. I can only explain that apart from the little hiccups that Dave and I experienced throughout the 18 days - that it would have to be the best travel adventure I have ever had. Every day there was something to laugh at and laugh with. A little fluffy bunny rabbit (Dirka Dirka Birka Dirka Muhammed "Ali") sat in my pocket most of the adventure around Egypt and Jordan and it always attracted the attention of locals. Getting food poisoning was a necessity that we all found sobering. Bartering not entirely one of my strongest traits however I drive a mean bargain against the children of Egypt. The vodka and whiskey is not to be trifled with, it is for medicinal purposes only. If you're from Colombia you are considered Egyptian. Dave continues to practice the art of homosexual scuba diving. I have a strong fascination with calling myself Prince Mustafa when I wear mirrored shades and a dress now. Re hydration is a must however thinking those salts did anything for you was a joke.

I have been asked by Dave to recount our daily tales in the near future and as my head slower deteriorates to liver abuse I feel that it might be a possible pipe dream.

So I'm not currently within the creative mood of writing just yet as I’m too relaxed to think of the misadventures of life for you all to concentrate on. So in the meantime why don’t you all open up a recipe book and cook something you haven’t cooked before, and take a before and after photo.

LS at 5/10/2007 10:33:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Diary of the Gods - Jetblack