Metamorphose

METAMORPHOSE

I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame the earth seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy the air, look you, this mighty o'rehanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire; why, it appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, how like an angel in apprehension, how like a God! The beauty of the world, paragon of animals; and yet to me, what is this quintessence of dusk. Man delights not me, no, nor women neither, nor women neither.

What's new?

This Monthly's Funny



Links


Archives


You may leave comments by clicking
on the stories below. Be nice :)

Banner


Listed on BlogShares
Locations of visitors to this page
Technorati Profile
Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Meet & Greet
On my way out the door soon, I'll try and update on the finer qualities of meeting people these days.

Over the last couple of weeks with what is left of the London Connection of lad's that I regularly mingle with there is only but a quad. Sam, Dee, Horse and I and by far I've had some great times with them in the course of 2 weeks than my whole experience last year. Coming back I realized I missed the way they talked and expressed themselves in such an open and positive manner.

Sam by large is the instigator of many the open conversation, he likes to talk with an icebreaker about how his testicles were twisted when he was wrong and explains in detail the gruesome operation he needed for the repair down below on the old Jatz, this is just one of Sam's stories and I can't wait for his new one as I have heard he's having a Colonic Irrigation on Friday coming.

These conversations are very entertaining and makes everyone laugh hysterically at Sam's misfortunate/fortunate/bizarre or whacked incident(s), but he does impact on how people actually converse from then on. A layer and boundary of self awareness is dropped and people, often strangers and randoms start talking like how people should to each other without the closed circuit of random conversation that is presented when you want to get to know people (eg. work, this week and the weather). I've taken many a leaf from Sam's book in the way I approach, obviously not to the high level of speaking openly about mishaps with my genitialia but just breaking ice where it should be, with an amusing story about myself.

I remember reading a book many a year ago (note to self to track down author and bookname for any interested) and it was somewhat a self-help to autobi of the author and he explained that some days during the week he wears a little cap with a propeller on it and walks to work and he describes the looks he gets and people that laugh at him. He went on to say that by making someone smile or laugh at one of your actions in the morning made his day a whole lot better, I never entirely knew what the action meant until recently.

We all can be so self absorbed, but by demonstrating that we can laugh at ourselves makes other people open, friendly and so more damn entertaining at parties at 3am.

Your homework this week is to tell someone a funny story about yourself, maybe one that you don't really want to own up to it.

A true entertainer is the one that believes he doesn't need an audience to perform.

LS at 5/21/2006 03:21:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Diary of the Gods - Jetblack